Forum Replies Created
I know that his first name is Peter.
- December 2, 2020 at 9:16 am
- in reply to: Does anyone know who is behind SUPERYACHT FAN? yacht owners data base
The Yacht Owners database is amazing. Very useful sometimes!
Monaco is the clear leader in terms of the numbers of ultra-wealthy per resident; the city is a destination for any yachting enthusiast and home to many. Monaco has just 56 residents per UHNW individual, which is incredibly low.UHNW means Ultra High Net Worth
- November 30, 2020 at 9:34 pm
- in reply to: Which country is the leader in ultra-wealthy per resident?
Germany is the leader in building 100+ meter yachts. Currently, 12 yachts longer than 100 meters are under construction in Germany.
- November 30, 2020 at 8:51 pm
- in reply to: Which country is leader in building 100+ meter yachts?
At the end of 2019, the superyacht fleet counted 5096 superyachts longer than 30 meters.
- November 30, 2020 at 8:49 pm
- in reply to: How many superyachts longer than 30 meters are there?
Today’s superyacht fleet is mostly a motor yacht fleet. Only 16% of the fleet are sailing yachts.
- November 30, 2020 at 8:37 pm
- in reply to: What percentage of all superyachts are sailing yachts?
Looking at the past ten years, used yacht sales had their poorest year in 2011, when only 19 motor yachts over 50 metres changed hands.The highest ever recorded number of new superyacht sales occurred in 2008 when there were 241 sales.
- November 28, 2020 at 11:49 pm
- in reply to: What was the worst year for used superyacht sales?
For example, a watertight door is made to prevent water from going through in either direction. While a weathertight door is capable of preventing a significant ingress of water when subjected to a hose test.L.O.A. – Length overall is the horizontal distance over the extremities from stem to stern.
- November 27, 2020 at 8:07 am
- in reply to: What is the difference between watertight and weathertight?
L.B.P. – The distance measured along the summer load water plane from fore to aft perpendicular is known as the length between perpendiculars.
L.W.L. – The horizontal distance between where the stern and bow intersect the water. Length measured along the waterline when fully loaded. In case it is not mentioned, the length of the summer load waterline is considered the length of the waterlineA day head is the nautical term for a toilet onboard.The Bulbous bow (bulb) modifies the way the water flow around the hull, reducing drag and thus increasing speed, range and fuel efficiency. Large ships with bulbous bows generally have 12% to 15% better fuel efficiency than similar vessels without a bulbous bow. A bulbous bow also increases the buoyancy of the forward part and reduces the pitching of the ship a bit.The depth of a yacht is the distance from the baseline to the uppermost continuous deck inside plating.
The depth is also draught + freeboard.
The moulded dimensions are without the shell plate thickness. That means that moulded dimensions are the internal measurements taken inside the shell plating or outside of the framing.
- November 26, 2020 at 3:52 pm
- in reply to: What is the difference between moulded- and overall dimensions?
I remembered it this way: In the word starboard are two ‘’R’’, so that means right. Port has only one ‘’R’’ so that means left.
- November 25, 2020 at 10:25 pm
- in reply to: How do I remember the difference between port and starboard?